The first in a new series of intensive, three-day PMI-ACPSM + Certified ScrumMaster courses is now open for registration! This combination agile training CSM course offers you a strong foundation in the Scrum framework and agile principles plus an extensive overview of the knowledge areas, tools, and techniques required for the PMI Agile Certified PractitionerSM .
The real-world experience of BigVisible’s Certified Scrum Trainers allows us to incorporate practical advice and time-tested techniques into this hands-on workshop.
After completing the course:
- You will be eligible to take the test and apply for the Scrum Alliance Certified ScrumMaster designation
- You can apply for 21 PMP PDUs with the Project Management Institute to meet the Educational Requirement for the PMI-ACPSM exam
Register today, early bird rates end December 26th!
Who is the course right for?
BigVisible’s CSM + PMI-ACPSM course offers a solid grounding in the Scrum framework and the ScrumMaster role. Although Project Management experience is helpful, this course will enable other professionals who are cultivating their Agile and Scrum skills on the road to becoming a certified Agile Practitioner.
Learning objectives for this course:
- Discover the basics of Scrum and fundamental agile principles
- Understand how Scrum helps organizations cope with change, budget constraints, quality issues, and other challenges
- Know the ScrumMaster role and how it differs from a traditional project manager
- Agile Planning & Estimating
- Plus a whole lot more!
On the agenda:
- Team-based “Scrum Game” as well as additional Agile games that introduces key values, principles, and concepts
- Discussion of the Scrum framework plus other Agile frameworks such as eXtreme Programming and Kanban
- In-depth look at the product backlog and agile planning
- Illustration of Scrum product development
- Side-by-Side comparison of Scrum and Waterfall
- Closer look at agile documentation
- Reflecting on the Project Management Body of Knowledge to understand how this remains the same and where it changes in adopting agile
- Experiential setting for participants to put the values, principles, and concepts into action in a safe, learning environment
Even more PMI-ACPSM + Certified ScrumMaster courses are planned for multiple regions of the United States. Look for details to be posted soon.
About the instructor:
Angela Johnson is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), Certified Scrum Developer (CSD), and Agile Coach who provides education consulting services to clients across the United States adopting Scrum and other agile processes. Angela has successfully implemented Scrum/Agile principles in a variety of projects from web-based applications to enterprise level retail and financial projects.